It was a real pleasure to co-host this workshop our community oven space, Front Street Community Oven, with Jess Ross of Gold Island Bakery. I hope we can offer this again.
Here are a few photos of the magical event.
The class include:
- 3-hour hands on workshop
- Small group for best learning experience
- This workshop is open to beginners and avid bakers.
The workshop will cover:
1. Mixing your dough from sourdough starter (hands-on)
2. Kneading and proofing (hands-on)
3. While our breads rise, Doug will do a sourdough pita and yeasted based bread demonstration
4. Baking your bread in a wood-fired oven or at home (hands-on)
5. Working with local and whole grain flour from Longspell Point Farm
6. General bread making tips and tricks.