- Experiences/new behaviours, new behaviors create new thoughts, and new feelings. Understanding this is important for understanding how to work in our emerging new economy. This insight came from my dear friend Emily Legrand when she was telling me about human behaviour change research. Emily is behind many of the reconnecting children with nature and unstructured play programs in Nova Scotia
- Practicing ancient archetypes of being around a fire, being in nature, eating together, telling stories, going on a journey together, is healing and creates space for transformation and innovation. Thank you Susan Szpakowski at How We Thrive, Adam Barnett who I started the Front Street Community Oven with, and Celes Davar at Earth Rhythm’s, for illuminating this in different ways.
- As a household, I’ve realized that setting up my food procurement to avoid large grocery stores means I produce 85% less waste, I save money, I eat better, and I reclaim my time (I spend more time being with people than alone shopping)
New to me Practices and Lenses that Have Shifted Things for Me
- How To Have A Conversation About Climate Change
- Why Sharing Moments That Move Me Changed My Life (The Re-Authoring Narratives practice)
- Kate Raworth’s work: A Healthy Economy Should be Designed to Thrive, Not Grow (ted talk) and The Three Horizon’s Model (this one explains what’s happening right now with the dying fossil fuel based economy and the new thriving economy that is coming.
I’m curious, what’s bubbling up for you as you read this? Are you reminded of something else? Please share in the comments section below.